My research focuses on the development and the use of stochastic
models and optimization methods for the design of control algorithms
in large-scale systems. I am interested both on theoretical problems
(related to optimization and mathematical modeling) and on the
application of these methods to practical problems.
In my research, I focus on various applications: communication
networks, distributed computing systems, transport systems and
energy management. Currently, my main focus concerns the management
of electrical storage systems. Specifically, I am interested in
centralized and distributed algorithms for the mangement of energy
storage systems. These algorithms aim at compensating for the
volatility associated with renewable energy.
A complete list of my publication is available here . Most of them are accessible via HAL (if not, please send me an email).
List of publications
Some recent publications
- Expected Values Estimated via Mean-Field Approximation are 1/N-Accurate. Proceedings of ACM SIGMETRICS 2017
- Computing Absorbing Times via Fluid Approximations accepted to Advances in Applied Probability
- Mean Field Approximation of Uncertain Stochastic Models with Luca Bortolussi. DSN 16.
- Are mean-field games the limits of finite stochastic games? with Josu Doncel and Bruno Gaujal. ACM MAMA Workshop, 2016.
- Construction of Lyapunov functions via relative entropy with application to caching, ACM MAMA workshop 2016
- Asymptotically Exact TTL-Approximations of the Cache Replacement Algorithms LRU(m) and h-LRU ITC 28, 2016 (with Benny van Houdt)
- The Power of Two Choices on Graphs: the Pair-Approximation is Accurate ACM MAMA Workshop, 2015
- Probabilistic forecasts of bike-sharing systems for journey planning, with G. Massonnet, D. Reijsbergen, and M. Tribastone. Proceedings of ACM CIKM 15
- Transient and steady-state regime of a family of list-based cache replacement algorithms with Benny Van Houdt. Proceedings of ACM SIGMETRICS, 2015
- Incentives and Redistribution in Homogeneous Bike-Sharing Systems with Stations of Finite Capacity, EURO Journal on Transportation and Logistics, 2014.
- Impact of Demand-Response on the Efficiency and Prices in Real-Time Electricity Markets, ACM E-Energy 2014
- Storage policies to compensate for renewables uncertainties, IEEE Transaction on Smart-Grid, 2014
- Impact of storage on the efficiency of electricity markets, E-Energy 2013
- Performance issues with MP-TCP (CoNext 2012 Best paper award)
- Sept 2016: Asymptotically Exact TTL-Approximations of the Cache Replacement Algorithms LRU(m) and h-LRU (ITC 2016)
- July 2016: Mean-field methods: what can go wrong? École d'été RO Jeunes Chercheurs 2016 - Optimisation et Décision en milieu Incertain, Grenoble 2016
- June 2016: Mean Field Approximation of Uncertain Stochastic Models, IEEE/IFIP DSN conference 2016.
- June 2016: Mean-field methods: what can go wrong? SFM 16: Quanticol summer school
- June 2016: Construction of Lyapunov functions via relative entropy with applications to caching ACM MAMA Workshop 2016
- May 2016: Asymptotic properties of bike-sharing systems SISCA workshop
- January 2016: Analysis and design of list-based cache replacement policies Polaris/DataMove seminar.
- June 2015: Transient and Steady-state Regime of a Family of List-based Cache Replacement Algorithms, ACM Sigmetrics 2015
- June 2015: The Power of Two Choices on Graphs: the Pair-Approximation is Accurate, MAMA Workshop 2015
- June 2015: Are Energy MarketS Efficients? The case of real and virtual storage, Workshop on the Mathematics of Demand Side Management and Energy Storage, The Open University, Walton Hall, Milton Keynes.
- May 2014: Mean-field Methods for Large Stochastic Systems (with application to bike-sharing systems), Nancy probability and statistic seminar.
- April 2015: Quanticol, mean-field and smart cities: building and analyzing models of bike sharing systems
- February 2015: Are Energy MarketS Efficients? The case of Real and virtual storage, Dagstuhl, Germany
- December 2014: Volatility in Real-Time Electricity Markets: efficiency or manipulation?, Séminaire G2ELab, Grenoble
- November 2014: Impact of Demand-Response on the Efficiency and Prices in Real-Time Electricity Markets, journée de rencontre du groupe de travail CNRS "COS" (contrôle optimal stochastique), Paris
- November 2014: Asymptotic properties of object-sharing systems, YEQT, Eindhoven
- June 2014: Impact of Demand-Response on the Efficiency and Prices in Real-Time Electricity Markets, e-Energy2014, Cambridge, UK.
- April 2014: Efficiency and Prices in Real-Time Electricity Markets, CASSTING workshop
- May 2013: Storage Management in Stochastic Power Grids, UC Berkeley, CA.
- May 2013: Impact of Storage on the Efficiency and Prices in Real-Time Electricity Markets, ACM e-Energy.
- May 2013: Impact of Storage on the Efficiency and Prices in Real-Time Electricity Markets, Séminaire ENS de Lyon / IXXI
- May 2013: Energy storage and real-time generation scheduling, Inria Grenoble, France
- April 2013: Quanticol Kick-off meeting, Edinbourgh University, Scotland
- March 2013: Stochastic Optimization and Control for Energy Management Internal Workshop DESL/LCA2.
- December 2012: Optimal storage policies with wind forecast uncertainties, ETH Zurich, Switzerland
- July 2012: Stochastic Analysis of Real and Virtual Energy Storage in the Smart Grid, ACM GreenMetrics
- January 2012: Mean field for Markov decision processes: from discrete to continuous optimization, workshop OCOQS
- December 2011: Sizing, Incentives and Redistribution in Bike-sharing Systems, Grenoble, France.
- November 2011: Sizing, Incentives and Regulations in Bike-sharing Systems Informs 2011 annual meeting, Charlotte, NC, USA.
I was a member of the techical programm commitees of ACM EEnergy
2014, ValueTools 2014, ValueTools
2013 and ValueTools 2012.